Personal Health Information and Medical Records are collected, used and disclosed for the following reasons:
1. For communicating relevant information with other treating doctors, specialists or allied health professionals
2. For follow up reminder or recall notices
3. Accounting/Medicare/Health Insurance procedures
4. Quality Assurance activities (e.g. accreditation)
5. For disease notification as required by law (e.g. infectious diseases)
6. For use by all doctors in the medical practice when consulting with you
7. For legal related disclosure as required by a court of law (e.g. subpoena, court order, suspected child abuse)
8. For research purposes (de-identified, meaning you are not able to be identified from the information given).
We use document automation technology so that only your relevant medical information is included in referral letters.
The Practice takes complaints and concerns about the privacy of patients’ personal information
seriously. Patients should express any privacy concerns in writing or speak with the Practice
Manager. The Practice will then attempt to resolve the matter in accordance with its complaint
resolution procedure. Patients may also contact the Office of the Victorian Privacy Commissioner on
1300 666 444, www.privacy.gov.au or the Office of the Australian Information commissioner 1300 363 992 www.oaic.gov.au
Patients may obtain access to their personal health information held at this practice.
Please ask for details at reception or contact us at Health e Medical Centre on 03 5223 9999.