Personal Health Information and Medical Records are collected, used and disclosed for the following reasons:
1. For communicating relevant information with other treating doctors, specialists or allied health professionals
2. For follow up reminder or recall notices
3. Accounting/Medicare/Health Insurance procedures
4. Quality Assurance activities (e.g. accreditation)
5. For disease notification as required by law (e.g. infectious diseases)
6. For use by all doctors in the medical practice when consulting with you
7. For legal related disclosure as required by a court of law (e.g. subpoena, court order, suspected child abuse)
8. For research purposes (de-identified, meaning you are not able to be identified from the information given).
Patients may obtain access to their personal health information held at this practice.
Please ask for details at reception or contact us at Health e Medical Centre on 03 5223 9999.