The following groups are eligible for free government supplied seasonal influenza vaccine:
- 65 years of age and over
- Children under 5 years of age
- Pregnant women at any stage of pregnancy
- Indigenous people 15 years of age and over
- Residents of nursing homes and other long-term care facilities
- Any person 6 months of age and over with a chronic condition predisposing to severe influenza illness that requires regular medical follow-up or hospitalisation such as:
- cardiac disease
- respiratory disease including severe asthmatics
- kidney disease
- impaired immunity
- neuromuscular disease
For anyone not eligible in the above criteria we also run a private nurse lead influenza (flu) vaccination clinic
The advantage of this is that we can book the appointment at a time that suits you and because the vaccination is not included in the government funded list, we are not reliant on government supply, your vaccination is available when you want it.
Please contact our receptionists to book and discuss as there may be some additional costs associated with the procedure despite the vaccine itself being supplied free of charge.