Accredited Practising Dietitian (APN) & Nutritionist
Monica is an accredited practicing dietitian with over 20 years of experience, having always been fully committed to this profession and passionate about helping people achieve optimal health and wellbeing by promoting good food choices.
During these years, she has worked overseas and Australia, gaining extensive clinical nutrition experience (acute hospital setting and private practice) and experience in health promotion/nutrition education in the community. Monica also dedicated 13 years to an academic career of teaching and research in nutrition and dietetics.
Monica has worked with clients of all ages and different cultural backgrounds, she provides nutritional advice on a wide range of health conditions such as
- Weight management (e.g. obesity, underweight)
- Diabetes Mellitus (DMT1, DMT2, GDM)
- Cardiovascular disease (e.g. IBS, IBD, diverticular disease, GORD)
- Adverse food reactions (food allergies and intolerances)
- Women’s health-related issues (e.g. PCOS, endometriosis, pre and post menopause)
- Thyroid disorders (hypothyroidism, and hyperthyroidisms)
- Bariatric surgery (pre and post surgery nutritional management)
- Eating disorders.
Monica’s qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree in Nutritional Sciences and a Master’s degree in Clinical Nutrition. Monica has also received the following professional certifications
- Monash University Low FODMAP Diet for IBS
- Clinical Dietetics for Bariatric Surgery
- Treatment for Eating Disorders for Dietitians (Inside Out Institute)
- Sports Nutrition Essentials
To make an appointment with Monica at our Geelong West health clinic, call 03 5223 9900