- you are aged between 25 – 74
- have had any type of sexual contact (with any person, even of the same gender)
- you are a women / person with a cervix
You should get a test even if you
- have hat the HPV vaccines
- are not currently sexually active
- have had the same partner for a long time, or only had one partner
- are gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender
- are pregnant
- have been through menopause
- feel health and have no symptoms
Having the cervical screening test could save your life. About 800 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer each year, and about 80% of these cases occur in women who have never been screened or were not up to date with their screening.
Having a regular screening test is the best way to protect yourself. If you or someone you love has never been screened or not screened for a long time, please encourage them to to their cervical screening. Book you appointment now to speak with one of our GP’s or cervical screening nurse.