We are so excited to offer Maternity Shared Care with Dr. Alice Crowley at Health e Medical Centre!
Dr. Crowley is passionate about women’s health and has undertaken additional training to be able to provide shared maternity care to her patients. She will work with you to develop a plan through all stages of pregnancy, from pre-conception until post birth and beyond. This will include:
- pre-pregnancy blood tests / genetic testing
- regular check-ups throughout your pregnancy (including mental health checks)
- Post-natal check for both you and your newborn
- Ongoing care for your child throughout their childhood
What is shared care?
Shared maternity care is when your pregnancy care is split between your GP and your local birthing hospital. University Hospital Geelong (Barwon Health) is our regions local public birthing hospital in which Dr. Crowley works alongside.
Why choose shared care?
Sharing your pregnancy care with your trusted GP can be very beneficial both during your pregnancy, as well as in your post-natal period for yourself and your child. Along with maintaining continuity of care in both your pregnancy and post-natal period, the benefits of shared maternity care include:
- Convenient appointment times,
- Shorter waiting time
- Less travel time / ease of parking
- Trusted GP who knows your medical history
- Ability to organise IV hydration/ Iron infusions if necessary.
Appointment length: 30 minutes appointment between Dr. Crowley and our Nurses.
Schedule of visits:
A typical Pregnancy consists on the following visits:
- Confirmation of pregnancy with your GP. Pathology, genetic screening tests, dating ultrasound referral, referral to Barwon Health Pregnancy Care clinic.
- 12-14 weeks (Initial hospital booking visit)
- 16 weeks
- 20 weeks (post morphology ultrasound)
- 24 weeks
- 28 weeks
- 31 weeks
- 34 weeks
- 36 weeks
- 38 weeks
- 40 weeks
- 41 weeks (attended at Geelong Hospital)
What does shared care cost?
You will be required to pay the difference between the fee charged and the Medicare rebate – this amount varies (depending on if you hold a concession/pension card) and may cost you between $40 and $60 per visit. Many women find this is cheaper than parking costs, childcare costs, or the loss of income associated with missing work to attend hospital appointments.
If you are interested in maternity shared care with Dr. Alice Crowley please call us on 5223 9999 or jump online to book an initial consult with Dr. Crowley.