The Australian Government has announced the Shingrix® program expansion – From 1 November 2023, Shingrix® vaccine will replace Zostavax® vaccine on the National Immunisation Program (NIP) for the prevention of shingles and post-herpetic neuralgia.
A 2-dose course of Shingrix® will be available free for:
- people aged 65 years and over
- First Nations people aged 50 years and over, and
- immunocompromised people aged 18 years and over with certain medical conditions:
- haemopoietic stem cell transplant
- solid organ transplant
- haematological malignancy
- advanced or untreated HIV.
Certain exclusions will apply for those that may have had a Zostavax vaccine.
Please call us on 5223 9999 to make an immunisation appointment with our nursing staff, or book in with your GP to discuss.
Please note – We are only able to start ordering stock on the 1st of November – and will start vaccinating the week starting 6th Nov 2023.